Women In Suits

Women In Suits

Monday 20 April 2015

The crippling effect of fear

I went to a women’s conference this weekend and it was super amazing! I want to share about something that really got me thinking: Fear.

To some of us, fear is a norm and we have become so comfortable in it that we do not even think about changing it. You probably don’t realise but a lot of things that you would like to accomplish but haven’t done so is because fear has been pulling you back. Fear of rejection, fear of judgement, fear of failure, fear of disappointing people around you, fear of making mistakes.

I am sure you relate with either one of those fears, or maybe you have your own unique fear. Whatever it is, it has pulled you back. It saddens me that people’s opinions matter so much to us, which is why we hardly do anything for ourselves.

Fear has a crippling effect on us. When we think we are not good enough to be above the standard or we are too scared to work for what we want because we do not know if we will succeed, we start thinking small. We immediately prevent ourselves from believing in our greatness.

My wish is that we shake of fear and be women on the rise. That we work hard to accomplish what we have set out for ourselves, regardless of the uncertainty that we will succeed. Isn’t knowing that you did your best and being proud of that better than sitting back and getting nothing done?

I am going to step out of my comfort zone this week, and do something that I have been scared of doing. I hope you do the same and tell me all about it!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. I was just so afraid to do something. After the trouble of preparing for it. But after reading this I am going to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Njoroge20 April 2015 at 03:49

    Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a fear of speaking my mind because I do not like hurting people...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true indeed. Fear really controls us and inhibits us from tapping into our full potential, and the sad reality is that most of us aren't aware of the crippling effect it has on us. Some I'm also going to be among those who will step out of their comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete